Lindenwood Christian Church
Our church has a long, rich tradition in Memphis. Lindenwood was established in 1853 as Linden Street Christian Church. Its original location was at Linden and Mulberry St. We moved to our present location in 1954 and changed our name to Lindenwood Christian Church. In 1962 the existing Life Center building was built for education and other purposes and our present sanctuary was added in 1966. Lindenwood has been and continues to be heavily involved throughout our community. Some of our outreach programs include; adopt a school at Sharp and Peabody Elementary schools., Food for Families, Meals on Wheels, Westy’s holiday food service for the homeless, Door of Hope, Seek The Old Path homeless shelter, St Jude, MIFA Community Gardens, Church Health Center, Habitat for Humanity, Kairos Prison Ministry, Emmaus, Dove Tree, LifeQuest Counseling Services, Week of Compassion, youth mission trips, VBS, and the Life Center Ministries.
Lindenwood Christian Church is a congregation that is made up of a diverse population. It is seen as an energized, open, and inviting church. Lindenwood has a relaxed, familial atmosphere, open and encouraging of diversity of ideas, thoughts, and backgrounds. With our two unique styles of worship services (our contemporary WOW service at 9:45am & our traditional (Sanctuary service) at 11:00am. Lindenwood offers a variety of services and styles to choose from.
Lindenwood continues to grow and change as it reaches out to our community. One of these changes includes the development of the Life Center Ministries in 1987. The Life Center Ministries originally began as a recreation program but has grown to add a full time child care center, summer camps, and after school care. We have over 300 children a day in our programs as we seek to serve our community with quality child care for children ages 6 weeks thru 8th grade. These services now provide child care services for the whole family during the entire year.
We are committed to not just the whole child, but the whole family. From the moment you carry your first baby through our doors, we will be by your side, partnering with you in the care and education of your children. Upon enrollment of your child, we set out on a journey together; you become a part of our family, and we become a part of yours.
Our Core Values:
· Each child is a gift from God.
· Each child has unique abilities.
· Each child will receive authentic love and affection.
· Each child’s play is extended to include core academic, physical fitness, and social skills.
· Each child will be safe from all physical and emotional harm.
· Each child will experience diversity as a manifestation of our global community.
· Each child will develop meaningful, lifelong relationships with classmates and teachers.
· Each teacher appreciates his/her responsibility and challenge to help their children grow.
· Each teacher realizes his/her own responsibility to grow and develop as individuals.
· Each family is an important part of the child care experience.